Starting this year, Shuto Con will be paying all Staff (Directors & Assistant Directors) and Volunteers (Cafe Waitstaff, Performers, & At-Event Crew) at least minimum wage for their time logged during Shuto Con 2016! As such, we will be adding a bit of structure to our recruitment, hiring, and training process.
Volunteers are now known as Temporary At-Event Crew
Temporary At-Event Crew consists of everything we previously titled "Volunteers" - this is to make it clear in any legal paperwork required for the transition into paying people that we are no longer having unpaid volunteers at our convention. If you’re being hired in to help with our event but are not a Director or Assistant Director, you’re most likely part of the At-Event Crew, Cafe Waitstaff, or Cafe Performers! At-Event Crew will now make $8.50/hour during their time worked at Shuto Con 2016.
The Application Process
Applications will be accepted starting October 2nd, 2015, and will continue to be accepted until all available positions are filled. Select applicants will be contacted to set up an interview, and accepted applicants will be processed into our system no later than February 26th, 2016, unless more time is needed to review and interview applicants.
A few things to note before applying:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old on March 17th, 2016 in order to work at Shuto Con 2016.
- All applicants must have a pre-registered Shuto Con Badge (order number) before submitting their application.
- If hired, no At-Event Crew Member will be permitted to work beyond 24 hours over the Shuto Con 2016 weekend, with a maximum shift length of 4 hours.
- No further compensation is guaranteed.
- Shuto Con Artists and Dealers will not be eligible for hourly wages at this time.
- Travel, parking, food, and rooming costs will not be covered by Shuto Con.
- Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability.
Click here for our 2016 Temporary At-Event Crew Application
Any questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, or complaints? Please contact:
Director of Human Resources